Riding on last year’s success-formula, the much–anticipated ACCA’s Asia Pacific regional series of Annual Conferences took place in May this year. Taking place in the cities of Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, Beijing, the conference finally landed on our shores on 18 May 2015.
Strategically aligned to Singapore’s aspiration to build a ‘Smart Nation,’ the conference featured the highly relevant theme of “Smart Finance: Rise of the Digital Intrapreneur.” The event took the opportunity to explore the ways to encourage and develop a culture of digital intrapreneurship within finance – in essence, bringing about innovation and encouraging the generation of new concepts and opportunities to create more value for organisations.
And true to the spirit of innovation, the 2015 conference saw to many “Firsts.” These innovative touches include:
- Our first and very own “Smart Emcee.” A role aptly filled by our internal expert – Head of Policy Asia Pacific, Mr. Chiew Chun Wee!
- Experimentation with high-tech LED walls as well as creative Graphic Recorders (see pictures below) to create more impact and make it a memorable event for the all who attended.
- A new 1-on-1 interview segment with Professor Steven Monahan of INSEAD to explore the topic: “Are Accountants and CFOs Killing Innovation?”
- A daring segment on “The Accountancy Sector in 2030” was dedicated to the voice of the future accountants. This segment was competently delivered by ACCA’s Young Visionary of the Year, Mr. Troy Han, a recent graduate from Nanyang Business School.
- A new approach by introducing breakout sessions to offer more choices for delegates. These “mini-conferences” centered on the topics of Data Analytics & Big Data, Cybersecurity and FinTech Startups.
Keenly attended by about 400 finance, accounting and business professionals, the conference was extremely well-received and garnered a lot of positive feedback from our guests and delegates.
Special thanks also go to Datuk Alexandra Chin JP, ACCA Deputy President and Ms. Estelita C.Aguirre, President, ASEAN Federation of Accountants and all the other speakers, took time off to speak at this signature event for ACCA Singapore.
We enjoyed putting the Annual Conference together, and we certainly hope it was an enjoyable one for you.
More pictures taken at the event can be found on our Facebook Page.