This year, ACCA in Singapore turns 80, a milestone that brings so much pride and fond memories to those who journeyed with us.
We have constantly produced proud ACCA members who contributed relentlessly to the development of the accountancy sector in Singapore, and there are many who believe in ACCA so much that they advocate the qualification not only to aspiring accountancy and finance professionals, and also to those closest to them, their children.
They help to build the future of accountancy, and many more generations of ACCA.
Mr Don Ho, who sits on our board of trustees, who also runs his own accountancy firm, fondly recalls the time when he was able to present the ACCA graduation certification to his son, David who followed in Mr Ho’s footsteps to make ACCA his professional body. It was a proud moment for Mr Ho not only as a father, but also as a proud member of ACCA.
“Being a pioneer generation in the sixties, I have witnessed the tremendous growth of ACCA to become an International premier accountancy qualification. The internationalisation of ACCA has opened opportunities for fellow members and myself professional and personal developments in the Asean and Pacific regions.
To be successful, besides technical Quality and Excellence, other important factors to consider are Faith, Family and Friends. Through ACCA I have kept Faith in the profession, networked with members and continued with professional education in my core areas of expertise. My high point in my career with ACCA was the opportunity as the sitting President of the Singapore Branch to present my son David with the ACCA graduation papers.
May ACCA grow in strength and quality for many generations to come!”
Do you also have loved ones who are ACCA members? Have you embarked on ACCA because you have seen someone in your family do so? Do you have an “ACCA Family”?
If yes, you would like to hear from you! These stories contribute to the reasons why ACCA is still growing from strength to strength after 80 years!
The greatest part about sharing is, the most inspiring story will also stand to win some really attractive prizes. Entering is simple, all you need to do is fill up this form and it’s done!
What do you stand to win?
Winners will receive S$300 worth of Shopping Vouchers plus an invitation to the ACCA SG80 Anniversary Dinner on 17 June 2016. A special token will also be awarded at the dinner!
So what are you waiting for? Come share your stories with us today! Submit now!
Things to note on how to participate:
- This contest is open only to ACCA students, affiliates and members residing in Singapore only.
- You are only allowed one (1) entry per family. Multiple entries may lead to disqualification.
- Submission must include 2 or more ACCA students, affiliates or members within a family or an extended family and they can include the following relationships: siblings/parents/cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents etc.
- This contest will be held from 27 April 2016 to 24 May 2016. ACCA Singapore reserves the right to extend or amend the duration of the contest without prior notification.
- Winner (s) selected will be based on the sole discretion of ACCA Singapore and are final and binding. No correspondence regarding the results will be entertained.
- The winner (s) will be announced on ACCA Singapore’s social media channels and will also receive an email notification from us on 1 June 2016.